10.29.2008

Seven Random Things

Mz. Dre has tagged me with the Seven Random Things meme. So, here we go.

1.) I love lolcats. DON'T look at me like that. I don't know why, but for some reason my childhood obsession with felis domesticus and my far to easily entertained sense of humor collided on the lolcats phenomenon with great force. I love em. I check www.icanhascheezburger.com  every day. I'm a freaking freak for lolcats.

2.) I have a wildly overactive imagination. The only reason I dislike the date of my birthday is its proximity to Halloween, and my brain can come up with more horrifying scenarios than any Hitchcock movie or Stephen King novel--ever. Offer it even the tiniest little bit of encouragement, and I really start to freak out. On the other hand, I can make something funny with almost no trouble, and it makes me very good at writing stories. You win some,  you lose some.

3.) I collect gargoyles, and have since I was 12. Gargoyles are the coolest things EVER. They are scary, bad ass motherfuckers who protect you from demons. (No, really.) Seriously. I have one thats picking its nose, I have one that is a cat with wings (his name is Cedric) I have one that sits over where I put my watch and ring at night, and I even have one thats actually an incense holder, who looks like he's smoking a joint. I have dragon ones, and fishy ones, and one day I will get one that can be in both the gargoyle and rubber ducky collections.

4.) I hate being cold. I don't hate THE cold, but I hate BEING cold. I will wear more  layers that anyone else for 500 miles just to be not cold. This may have some connection to my knitting habit...

5.) My system is very sensitive to any kind of drug. I get hyperactive on sudafed, get hallucinations from percocets, have gone nearly psychotic on birth control pills, and was singing "walking on sunshine" 12 hours after taking my first round of antidepressants after not sleeping that night. Needless to say, I am VERY aware of when my body is doing weird things, and always take the lowest recommended dose of everything the first time.

6.) I am one of two responsible parties who introduced "Little Bunny Foo Foo" to Russia. We taught it to an exchange student in high school, and she taught her little sisters, who taught their friends. When my friend and I went to Russia to visit said exchange student, we were asked if we were the ones who had taught her "Little Bunny Foo Foo." We were asked to do it ourselves so they could get the accent better--and learn the hand motions. I have passed on a meme to a whole other country...

7.) I am a serious fiber crafter. Knitting, quilting, spinning, sewing, even the occasional embroidery, I do it, I love it. :-)

I tag... Kyrias.

No comments: